The Village Hall Management Committee have submitted a grant application to the Coalfields Communities Trust to secure a grant to provide a part time manager to help run the Village Hall. At the moment the hall is being run by volunteers who have busy personal lives.
A part time manager would help the Village Hall :
- raise the profile of the organisation by giving a more professional, business-like image;
- have someone attend management group meetings, action decisions made, be visible and accessible, ensure efficient use of staff, . act as liaison and bridge the gap between hall users/beneficiaries and the management group;
- have a good day to day management system and ensure awareness of everyone in the Hall for security and health and safety purposes;
- have someone to oversee works carried out in the building, imminently – toilet and kitchen improvements and new heating system;
- keep up to date with new voluntary sector developments;
- actively promote facilities and activities through the website, Facebook, Twitter, etc. helping to attract income generating activities;
- carry out further research into how the hall could fulfil the needs of the local population; and
- drive forward the development plan including green building project and building improvements.
If the grant application is successful the appointment would be for a period of one year.