This is a 9 week course and will be delivered from Coxhoe Village Hall starting on Monday 24th February between 12.30 pm and 2.30 pm.
The course is for female victims and survivors of domestic abuse and will explore the following points over 9 weeks:
- Identify the different forms of domestic abuse
- Understand how domestic abuse may be perpetrated
- Understand the relationship between domestic abuse and power and control
- Identify own belief systems relating to acceptable and unacceptable behaviours
- Understand the impact of domestic abuse on children and how to support them
- Understand the impact of domestic abuse on the victim and wider family
- Identify and develop healthy coping strategies
- Develop a personal recovery plan
On completion of the course, women will be awarded with an NOCN level 2 qualification in ‘Understanding Domestic Abuse and Developing Recovery Strategies’.
Following on from the course there will be an opportunity for the women and their children to participate in a range of free family activities aimed at rebuilding and strengthening the family unit.
Participants will also have the opportunity to receive one to one support from a member of the team to support any developing issues.
For more information or to book a place contact Rachel on 01740 652000 or email@example.com